Summer Internship Alert: Uzeeum is actively seeking interns for the Summer 2016 season!
Are you looking for a unique opportunity that allows your high energy, stream of great ideas and problem-solving skills to be utilized to their full potential? A summer internship at Uzeeum offer the best of both worlds – you will gain valuable training, education and work experience while enjoying all the cultural bounty that New York City has to offer. A Silicon Alley startup, Uzeeum informs, guides, and delights lovers of art, science and culture with the only comprehensive NYC museum-focused directory of exhibits, collections and events available on the internet. We are looking for smart, creative, ambitious, hard workers to join our team and make a meaningful impact on day one!
We have a variety of summer internships available for 2016:
- Marketing & Social Media
- Communications & Public Relations
- Assistant Webmaster
- Graphic Design
- Business Operations
General Qualifications / Requirements for all Uzeeum internships:
- A rising Freshman, Sophomore, Junior or Senior, accepted / enrolled in an accredited college or university, or a recent graduate
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Previous internship or work experience
- Flexible schedule that allows you to attend events during evenings and weekends
- Personal laptop and regular internet access
- Superb time-management abilities
- Pro-active, self-starter who is able to work independently with minimal supervision
- A love of museums (this includes zoos, gardens, historical homes, aquariums, etc.) paired with intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication (written and oral), organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and work well with others
Compensation / Logistics
- Unpaid internship
- This is a virtual internship in that your “office” will be the museums located across the five boroughs. The successful candidate must be based in NYC in order to attend weekly team meetings and to easily access the city’s museums on a daily basis
- The internship is a 40-hour a week commitment for full-time, 20-hour a week commitment for part-time, however you are able to exercise control over your schedule as a large number of events take place during evenings and weekends
- Virtual. You don’t have to come into an office everyday. You will be in charge of your schedule. Attending summer classes or have another job or internship? No problem. We are very flexible
- Real experience from day-one. No fetching coffee or making copies
- Professional development such as resume assistance, Linkedin tutorials, networking and mentorship opportunities
- Regular interaction (virtual & IRL) with your fellow interns who share a love of NYC arts and culture
- Meet the leadership of NYC museums during internship field trips
- Team building activities like aerial yoga, Escape The Room, NYC Harbour Cruises and bowling
- Unlimited coffee and snacks during team meetings
- Send your resume and cover letter to intern[at]uzeeum[dot]com
- Application deadline: April 30th, 2016
We are actively seeking a technical co-founder for our NYC-based startup!
- EXPERIENCED software developer
- Actively seeking involvement with a startup geared towards rapid growth and expansion
- In a position to contribute sweat equity on a full or part-time basis until we secure investment
- Passionate about growing a business from the ground up
- Confident in your ability to provide hands-on technical expertise that helps us achieve key goals and metrics
- Maybe you have led a startup or launched your own company in the past
- Big picture thinker
- Excellent communicator with great people skills
- All around good person
Up to this point, the site has been bootstrapped and we are currently seeking outside investment. During this process several investors have detailed the benefit of securing a technical co-founder to increase the speed of development and the roll-out of new functions and features.
Uzeeum has one founder, Chrissy Farrier, who brings 15 years of marketing, communications, public relations, sales, business development and product management to the venture.
To date, technical development has been outsourced to third-party firms. The site is built on a WordPress platform which sufficiently meets the current levels of traffic and audience engagement but the founder is open and amenable to alternative recommendations that will support long term goals for growth and advancement.